"Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." - Napoleon Hill. Think and Grow Rich
To create and seize the opportunity, we must first start with what we want or our burning desire. What do we want to be and what do we want to do. Be really clear on your burning desire. The way you can become clear is by identifying what you don't want and then to clearly describe what you want - an exercise in Law of Attraction by Michael Losier.
Opportunities can come in a variety of forms, from defeat, to a simple idea, to someone suggesting something that might work in your business. Be open! When an opportunity presents itself, do this: Step up and take it, select what you want, create your plan, put the plan into action and follow through with plenty of persistence, never taking your eye off your burning desire.
Tips to identifying and seizing opportunities:
- Convert defeats or failures to success. In a failure, you can find something good and you might find the best opportunity of all. Seize it!
- Look for it - opportunities are all around us!
- Copy someone idea and convert it to match your business. McDonald's started from making simple hamburgers. Why not take their simple model and create your own very simple recipe for success in your business? Take one thing and do it well.
- Carry out your plan and in reevaluating or taking action on the plan, you may find another opportunity! Seize it!
- Imagination. We can create anything we can imagine. Spend time imagining what we want and the many ways that we can create it. Use your burning desire to fuel your imagination.
- Think of others. What's useful to others? What product or services would make other people's lives easier? There are so many opportunities to help others. Seize it!
- Be open to the simple fact that opportunities come in all forms. A thought might come into your head or someone says something or you see something. You can find an opportunity anywhere and at anytime. Seize it!
- Be part of a mastermind group. You will get many ideas for opportunities from the mastermind group. Just think, where would we be if we didn't have friends or mentors? You will find many ideas from your mastermind group. Meet with them regularly and you will find more opportunities than you could ever imagine. Pick one, and act on it. Write the others down, in case your plan doesn't work, and use it then.
Napoleon Hill states "Capitalistic society guarantees every person the opportunity to provide useful service and to collect riches in proportion to the value of the service."
Meaning: there's nothing gained from doing nothing. Give something of value and you will gain riches.
Seize opportunities to help others and you will find yourself well on your way to riches!